Pixlr: a free image editor on the web
If you’re not going to buy a license of Adobe Photoshop to edit your images, you’ll appreciate Pixlr Editor, a new software from Autodesk (the maker of AutoCAD, Revit and 3ds Max, for instance) available in a free web version to the following address:
Pixlr Editor is a software that allows you to:
- open images from a web URL or your computer;
- save images in different formats (PNG, JPG, etc …);
- resize, crop and rotate images;
- create multiple layers (like in Adobe products), merge and rasterize them, create layer masks;
- adjust brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and apply other color effects to the image;
- apply filters to the image (noise, pixelate, vignette, emboss, engrave, etc …).
The web application is available in several languages and is developed in Flash, so you must ensure that your browser supports the famous Adobe plugin (you can find it here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/).
The application is also available for Android and iOS to the following address: